Industrial Wastewater includes the liquid discharges from Industrial process such as manufacturing (chemical, Pharmaceutical, Steel, etc) and food processing (slaughterhouses, sugar mills, etc). This recycling of water is used to separate oil and water, separate emulsified oils, and provide our customer with a quality of water that can be reused for their processes.
During the past decade, environmental concerns have escalated around the world. Governments are responding by applying regulations and pressure on various industries to reduce unproductive consumption of chemicals and discharge of hazardous Wastes.
WETICO’s Specialized Team of Engineers works in partnership with clients to solve most of their Environmental Problems caused by Industry.
Numerous processes and state-of-the-art technologies are applied at WETICO to treat wastewaters of diverse types of industries, such as Physical, Physiochemical, Biological and Bio-chemical Processes.
Physical Processes are either alone or combined with other processes, and they contribute in almost all treatment phases (primary, secondary, and advanced or tertiary) WETICO caters very wide spectrum of Physical unit operations and equipment, the following is some of physical equipment implemented commonly in Industrial W.W.T.P:
- Screens (Coarse, fine, and sieve, Mechanical or manual)
- Primary clarifying units (primary separators, Clariflocculator, Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) Tank)
- Surface or Submerged Aerators.
- Mechanical Sludge Dewatering Processes WETICO utilizes different sludge concentration mechanisms depending on the type of sludge (whether granular or crystalline, sticky, thixotropic, gelatinous, cohesive or fibrous), required consistency and cost of transport.
- Cooling Towers.
- Separation Processes membrane separation processes are used for such applications as: removal, recovery or concentration of metals; sterile filtration in the medical industry; recovery or concentration of electrocoat paint; textile sizing; oil; and fractionation of whey.
- Filtration units (Rapid, Slow rate, Gravity, and Pressurized)
Chemical-physical processes are used for removal of many metals through hydroxide precipitation and alkaline chlorination removal of oils and fats, removal of suspended solids and improving sludge consistencies.
- Chemical Dosing Systems (Polyelectrolyte, Caustic Lime, and Coagulant Dosing Systems) implemented in Physical Processes.
- Nutrient Dosing Systems (Phosphorus, and Nitrogen Dosing units).
- Odor Control Systems
Biological and Biochemical Processes
These processes are mainly used for removal of BOD, COD TKN and Organics (BTEX, MTBE, PCB, TCE, Pesticides, Chlorinated Solvents, Phenols, Aromatic Amines, etc).
- Conventional Activated Sludge Processes (based on sludge recycle to the Biological Reactors).
- Aerobic Ditches.
- Pond Processes.
The membrane separation processes are used for such applications as: removal, recovery or concentration of metals; sterile filtration in the medical industry; recovery or concentration of electrocoat paint; textile sizing; oil; and fabrication of whey.
Mechanical Sludge Dewatering Processes
WETICO utilizes different sludge concentration mechanisms depending on the type of sludge (whether granular or crystalline, sticky, thixotropic, gelatinous, cohesive, or fibrous) required consistency and cost of transport.